Sunday, February 28, 2016

End of Feb Updates - terrain review

I purchased ttcombat's Comic store "Cosmic Comics" from his ebay site. You can also purchase from here. The instructions were great and easy to read, they were in picture form and they made it a simple to follow picture diagrams. I will admit I base coated everything before putting together. I think this made my build go faster. Other MDF kits I painted after the fact and it took longer. One thing to note, since I prepainted some tabs were tough to fit into holes because of the tight fit, I had to sand or scrape some paint off of the tabs, that could be a pro or con. :)

Pros:
Exterior detail was awesome.
Some indoor terrain was included
The signs are fun and quirky and they give you a choice.
2 levels.
Price is very fair for what you get.
Good size model, I hate tiny buildings.
Easy to build.
Fun to paint (the sign was my favorite)
Interior for your wargame battles.

Cons:(minor issues)
Front pieces while a nice design, the 2 outer pieces have a tiny gap. 
Interior design seems a little lacking (paper craft items will fix that). If you don't being your wargaming into your buildings then this isnt a issue.

Other thoughts:
If you pre paint, some tabs may be a tight fit, so adjust accordingly.
I liked the design of the sidewalks, not sure why but they are awesome :)

Like i said, minor issues on the cons, but I will buy from TTcombat again. I give it a 4.5* out of 5*


The store in progress

Printed some floor pattern off the interwebs and glues it down as my floor, not paint needed :)

99% finished. Love the door, nice detail, and the brick was fun to paint also.

Love the summoning circle on the top, nice touch.

This ate up my week, how many figures could I have painted? Well I need a place for the figures to fight.

back view

1000 voices for Pulp City makes an appearance.

Total Painted this week: 2

Terrain: 1

Fantasy: 0

Sci Fi: 0

*M/S/P: 1

%M/W: 0


Projects Completed: 0



Total Painted 2016: 42

Terrain: 1

Fantasy: 5

Sci Fi: 27

*M/S/P: 7

%M/W: 2

Projects Completed: 0

*Modern/Super Hero/Post appoc 
%Malifaux/Western 

No comments: